Friday, February 16
February 26 is World Pistachio Day
Are you a fan of pistachios? I know I am. They are probably my runner up for favorite nut just after the pecan. Well in a mere 10 days it will be World Pistachio Day and I think that's a good reason to celebrate! Pistachios are a delicious snack that are loaded with nutrients that promote whole body health.
Below are just a few of the reasons why Setton Farms love to celebrate this special day.
• Heart Health- with all the nutrients in pistachios, they are a heart healthy snack you can feel good about eating. Scientific evidence suggests that eating 1.5 ounces of pistachios as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may lower the risk of heart disease.
• Prebiotics- I know you’ve heard of probiotics, but if you don’t consume a prebiotic before your probiotic, the probiotic is much less effective. Grab a handful of pistachios to keep your gut in tip top shape!
• Vitamin B6- your body uses vitamin B6 to keep your brain and nervous system healthy, it also helps produce serotonin which will help regulate your sleep schedule.
• Fiber- this helps you feel full for longer. Load up on fibrous foods like pistachios to help keep your hunger in check!
• Protein- this helps your body build and repair tissues in addition to contributing to bone and muscle health.
• Antioxidants- antioxidants help to protect the body from free radical molecules and can protect you from diseases.
• They have the largest serving size- other snack nuts only have between 10-20 nuts per serving. Grab 49 pistachios for a powerful and satisfying snack!
• They’re delicious! There are so many yummy ways to eat pistachios including Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites, Naturally Flavored Pistachios, and Roasted Salted Pistachios. Check out www.settonfarms.com for delicious ways to incorporate pistachios into your cooking!
Have you ever tried Pistachio Chewy Bites? If you like pistachios then you'll definitely want to give them a try. Since they come individual wrapped they are one of my favorite purse snacks to carry with me on the go.
With two main ingredients, Pistachio + Cranberry Chewy Bites provide healthy snack lovers the amazing benefits of pistachios and cranberries in a delicious and nutritious bite-size bar. Pistachio Chewy Bites are heart-healthy, 100% all natural, gluten and dairy free, low in sodium, GMO free, vegan and a great on-the-go protein snack. They also have no cholesterol, zero trans-fat and are a good source of dietary fiber. These nutrient-rich snack bars provide a great balance of carbohydrates, protein and fat for sustainable energy. With 7 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and healthy fat, the individually wrapped bars are the perfect one stop shop.
Available in major grocery store chains across the country such as: Bristol Farms, Fairway, Shoprite, A&P, Roundy’s, HEB, Safeway, Ingles, Gelson’s, King Kullen, Earth Fare, Price Chopper, Wegmans, Save Mart, Lucky, Hy-Vee, Shop n’ Save, etc. They are also available online at Amazon.com and Puritan.com.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of the above mentioned brand. I may have received monetary compensation and/or product in exchange for my honest and unbiased thoughts. However, all thoughts and opinions stated are my own and are in no way influenced by my partnership with mentioned brands.