Monday, October 16
French Fries in the Oven
Even though french fries in the oven isn't the healthiest option, there are ways you can make them a little better for you. One is by using Extra Virgin Olive Oil from GAEA.
More than a base to coat pots and pans with, Gaea's premium EVOOs are ideal for baking, sautéing and finishing off a dish with a fresh drizzle.
4½ cups organic potatoes
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil GAEA PDO Region Kalamata
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
• Preheat the oven at 220°C /450 F.
• Scrub the potatoes clean and cut them into slices approximately 1 cm thick.
• Place them in a bowl filled with water and leave them for approximately 15 minutes.
• Drain the potatoes, season them with salt and pepper and place them on a baking dish.
• Top them off with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the PDO region of Kalamata.
• Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
• Season with paprika.
• Reduce the temperature to 200°C and bake for 10 more minutes or until they get a nice golden color.
You are now ready to serve!
You can find more great recipes and product reviews like these from our friends at the Village Bakery.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of the above mentioned brand. I received product(s) in exchange for my honest and unbiased thoughts. All thoughts and opinions stated are my own and are in no way influenced by my partnership with mentioned brands.