Wednesday, December 27
Stay Away® by EarthKind®
If you ask me there's nothing worse than a sneaky little pest creeping out when you have company over. I don't care if it's only one tiny little ant, it still bothers me to no end. I do all I can to keep my home pest free, but as you probably already know life happens...and so do pests!
Stay Away® by EarthKind® is the first pest prevention line made entirely out of plant-based ingredients including essential oils and plant fibers, and it’s guaranteed effective. Stay Away® repels mice, ants, spiders, moths and beetles without the use of harmful chemicals or poisons, making it safe to use around your entire household, including pets!
As an already firm believer of using essential oils I was totally on-board in trying out this line of pest repellents. I like that they are made with natural ingredients instead of chemicals that can be harmful to your family and pets. Many smaller pests have a heightened sense of smell so it's only natural that putting out something that they don't like the smell of will cause them to "Stay Away". By placing these handy scent infused pouches in strategic locations you'll drive those pests away in no time.
Kari Warberg Block’s DIY Tips for a Pest Free Home
1. Seal up all holes in foundation and entryways. Changes in temperature can quickly create cracks in your home’s foundation that you are unaware of. Mice can enter through openings the size of a dime that you aren’t even aware of including gaps between building materials, utility and HVAC lines, door and window frames and roof vents using their amazing ability to climb. Be sure to thoroughly inspect the exterior of your home and patch up any openings.
2. Check before you decorate. Holiday decorations are usually stored in dark and undisturbed areas which make the perfect hiding spots for pests year-round. Be sure to thoroughly check all boxes you take out of storage for signs of pests so you don’t bring any into your home.
3. Eliminate attractants. Pest can be attracted to all the dirt, clutter, and crumbs that can accumulate where you spend the most time. Move all furniture to thoroughly vacuum the area for crumbs and wash window treatments according to their labels.
4. Check for signs of an infestation. With over 21 million homes reporting of rodent problems each year, chances are you already have a few hiding inside your home. Be on the lookout for signs of their presence such as:
- droppings around food packages, in drawers or cupboards, and under the sink,
- sighting of shredded material such as shredded paper, fabric, or dried plant matter they use to make nests.
- stale smells coming from hidden areas.
- greasy marks a few inches from the ground or wall pipes left behind as rodents make consistent pathways to food sources.
5. Store firewood away from the home. It may be easy to stack your firewood right outside your back door, but keeping your firewood close to home is an invitation for pests. Instead, store your firewood at least 20 feet away from the home to provide protection from spiders, ants and more.
6. Use a plant-based repellent to keep pests out of your home. Protecting your home from an invasion this holiday season doesn’t have to mean exposing you or your loved ones to dangerous poisons, traps or nasty clean up. Stay Away® is the perfect solution to seasonal pests, offering a humane and effective approach to keeping pests from moving in!
Buy it: Stay Away® products are available for purchase online, at your local Lowe’s, TSC, and in select ACE locations nationwide.
Connect with Earth Kind
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of the above mentioned brand. I received product(s) in exchange for my honest and unbiased thoughts. All thoughts and opinions stated are my own and are in no way influenced by my partnership with mentioned brands.