Thursday, October 22
Halloween Hounds: Milk-Bone Study Shows Dogs are the Ultimate Trick-or-Treaters #TreatsForAll
Although Halloween has usually been considered a children's holiday, these days increasing numbers of "furry kids" are getting in on the fun. And I can vouch for that because my daughter even goes as far as putting our cats into her baby doll dresses!
Big Heart Pet Brands (the makers of Milk-Bone, Pup-Peroni, Canine Carry Outs and Milo's Kitchen) conducted an original survey of 3,000 dog parents nationwide to find the top 25 states that most like to include their pups, the nation's most popular "Doggy Halloween Tricks," and each breed's favorite special treats -- right in time for the spooky-fun holiday.
Fun Halloween Stats about Pet Parents:
• 44% of NY pet parents have dressed their dog in costume versus 28% of California pet parents
• 38% of NY pet parents have greeted trick-or-treaters with their dog while 18% of pet parents in California have
• 18% of Texas pet parents have given their dog extra treats for Halloween and 16% have taken their dog trick-or-treating.
Different Treats For Different Breeds
• Big dogs like Dobermans and Great Danes prefer "real meat treats", while most small ones (Pomeranians and Pugs) choose "soft and chewy" snacks - like Pup-Peroni
• Soft and chewy treats are also the all-time favorites of terriers (58%), and toy dogs (59%)
• Biscuits and crunchy treats (like Milk-Bone) are the clear favorites of hounds (53%), herding dogs (56%), and sporting dogs (57%)
Milo Kitchen's Halloween "Doggy Tricks Top 10 Ranking"
Because dogs are the ultimate tricksters, Milo's Kitchen brand dog treats wanted to uncover, for the first time, which tricks dogs are best able to perform. The nation's most popular doggy tricks are:
#1: Sit (77% of dogs can do this on command)
#2: Shake paws (58%)
#3: Lay down (57%)
#4: Stay (50%)
#5: Give a kiss (44%)
#6: Beg (31%)
#7: Roll over (27%)
#8: Speak or bark (26%)
#9: Spin (14%)
#10: Play dead (10%)
For wacky DIY doggie costumes, ideas on how to treat your pet, or for downloadable decorations to show your neighbors you're celebrating with your pup, please visit this special Howl-o-ween website, from Big Heart Pet brands' Milk-Bone, Pup-Peroni, Canine Carry Outs and Milo's Kitchen: http://treatingforall.com/
For a chance to see your dog's Halloween photo in the Milk-Bone Halloween website and social channels, tag it on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with #TreatsForAll.