When I saw the video below I could totally relate and see my husband doing the exact same thing for our daughter. It's actually one thing we've always been very intentional about, having individual time with each of us and each of our kids. We want them to both know together and separately we love them and have time for them not just as a family, but also one-on-one too. As you can see from the photo above my husband too likes to take our daughter on special daddy-daughter dates. The best part is when local restaurants have special date nights just for this purpose. I think more and more it's becoming a priority for dads to make their daughters an important part of their lives from the start and that makes me as a mom super proud!
About First Things First:• First Things First (FTF) is an award winning not-for-profit organization dedicated to strengthening families in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
• FTF is a resource that collaborates with and is supported by a broad cross-section of community organizations, groups and individuals.
• FTF accomplishes it mission through meaningful media messaging and skill building classes.
Did you know:
• 24 million children are growing up in homes without their biological fathers.
• Only 30% of divorces are due to infidelity, addiction or abuse, 70% of divorces are due to couples feeling disconnected.
• Couples who manage to devote time specifically to one another at least once a week are markedly more likely to enjoy high-quality relationships and lower divorce rates, compared to couples who do not devote as much couple time to one another.
• Fathers provide unique benefits to their daughters through their active and positive presence from the time of birth all the way through adulthood.
Win it: One lucky reader will win a MoonPie/First Things First Family Prize Pack (His and Hers MoonPie T-shirts (2 Large T-shirts) and 2 Boxes of MoonPies). This giveaway will end August 9th at 12:00 AM EST. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email. If no response, a new winner will be chosen. Open to residents of the US.
Entry Method: Please use Rafflecopter form to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway Disclosure: This blog post is not a paid post and the honest opinions stated are my own. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, entry via Facebook like is completely optional. Please allow 4-6 weeks for prize delivery from the sponsor. Each household is only eligible to win One (1) First Things First Moon Pie Prize Pack via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.